WE’RE ON DELIVEROO!
Whether you’re at home & need a break from cooking…or you are a key worker & want someone else to cook for you – we’ve got you covered!
Our full Deliveroo menu is below:
• (V) Garlic Mushrooms – In a Creamy Sauce with Fresh Bread – £6
• (V) Arancini – Risotto Balls, Marinated Mushrooms & Roasted Hazelnuts – £6.20
• Kibbeh with Carrot Hummus – Lamb balls stuffed with Pine Nuts, Garnished with Tabbouleh £6.50
• Home Cured Sea Trout – With Pomegranate & Radish Salad – £6.50
• (V) Vegetable Tagine – Served with Mint Yoghurt & Cous Cous – £12
• Fishcakes – Chips & Sorrel Sauce – £12
• Yorkshire 6oz Burger with Chips – Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Cheddar OR Yorkshire Blue – £12
• Traditional Roast – Beef or Pork – Yorkshire Pudding, Roast Potatoes & Seasonal Vegetables – £12
• Confit Duck Leg – Sausage, Green Cabbage, Apple Gel & Dijon Crème Fraiche – £16
• Italian Meatloaf – With Polenta, Parma Ham & Vegetables – £14
• Lamb Shoulder – With Mustard & Herb Crumb, Sauteed Potatoes & Green Veg – £15
• (V) Sticky Toffee Pudding – Served with Cream – £5
• (V) Apple & Berry Crumble – Served with Custard – £5
The Chopping Block is the creation of chef proprietor Michael Hjort, the founder and owner of Melton’s, one of York’s leading fine dining restaurants. The A la Carte menu is about carefully prepared food with real flavour and authenticity using Yorkshire produce and Michael’s favourite recipes. In addition there are daily specials, a great value set menu and homemade bar snacks served in the Ale House below the restaurant (click here for Menus).
We are in a 17th century listed building in the centre of York, along with great food, there’s lots of history and a few ghost stories! In addition to our regular menus, we also serve brunch from 9.30am on Saturdays and Sundays and Traditional Roasts on a Sunday from 12pm until the end of the day. You can book on-line here.
Despite the narrow frontage (typical of buildings in central York), the building is surprisingly large occupying the three floors of an historical rope makers and saddlers shop. This range of diverse rooms both large and intimate, makes us ideal for Parties. Especially in our loft – seating up to 50 guests.