WELCOME TO THE “NEW NORMAL”!
OUR COVID-19 PROCEDURE
- On arrival, you will have to wait to be seated by a member of staff
- We ask that you sanitize your hands on arrival & throughout your visit
- Bookings are not compulsory, but strongly advised
- There will be no standing allowed
- Card payments are preferable, especially contactless
- The front door will be entrance only – exit through our side door.
- Drinkers & diners will receive table service, however anyone sat outside will be asked to order at the bar on their way outside
- Our tables are spaced according to the new government guidelines
- All tables will be sanitized, as usual, between customers
- Our servers will be wearing masks/face shields when serving you
- The main doors to the toilets will be propped open at all times, to avoid touch point contamination
Click here for your Click & Collect Order Form.
Catalan Menu – Friday 30th October
Tapas 1st round
Escalivada; Aubergine Pepper and Anchovy Aalad
Fuet (Catalan Salami) and Jambon
Pà amb tomàquet – Tomato and Garlic Bread
Calcots (Catalan Onions) and Grilled vegetable with Sauce Romesco
Suquet de peix
Catalan Seafood Stew
Mel i mató
Fresh Cheese, Walnuts and Honey
The Chopping Block is the creation of chef proprietor Michael Hjort, the founder and owner of Melton’s, one of York’s leading fine dining restaurants. The A la Carte menu is about carefully prepared food with real flavour and authenticity using Yorkshire produce and Michael’s favourite recipes. In addition there are daily specials, a great value set menu and homemade bar snacks served in the Ale House below the restaurant (click here for Menus).
We are in a 17th century listed building in the centre of York…along with great food, there’s lots of history and a few ghost stories! In addition to our regular menus, we also serve brunch from 9.30am on Saturdays and Sundays and Traditional Roasts on a Sunday from 12pm until the end of the day. You can book on-line here.
Despite the narrow frontage (typical of buildings in central York), the building is surprisingly large occupying the three floors of an historical rope makers and saddlers shop. This range of diverse rooms both large and intimate, makes us ideal for Parties. Especially in our Loft – seating up to 50 guests.